Mr Mel Zerner
NRF Board Member since 1999 | Member, Executive Committee | Member, Investment Committee | Chartered Accountant, Partner, Messenger Zerner & Co | Council Member, Lutheran Church of Australia | Council Member, Lutheran Church of Australia SA/NT District | Board Member, L’Arche Adelaide
- Member and Honorary NRF Treasurer
- Chartered Accountant
- Partner at Messenger Zerner & Co
- Playing Life Member of the Eudunda Football Club (1966-1983)
- Cricket Player, Eudunda Cricket Club (1966-1983)
- Volleyball player, Messenger Zerner (1994-present)
- Tennis player, both social and competitive (2008-present)
Other Boards and not-for-profit organisation involvement:
Mel is currently a Member of the Church Council and a Member and Chairman of the Finance Audit & Risk Committee for the Lutheran Church of Australia (National), and member of the Small Practice Discussion Group for the Institute of Chartered Accountants. Most recently, Mel was the Honorary Auditor for the Concordia College Parents & Friends Association until 2015.
Involvement with the NRF:
Mel was referred to the NRF by previous Board member Richard Fewster to replace the previous NRF Treasurer.
Mel discusses: “I enjoy volunteering with charities and religious organisations firstly to further the aim of the organisations. Secondly, to use any accounting and finance skills to help manage the finances of the organisation.”